Monday, July 11, 2011

I Discovered Ravelry.com

First of all, let's just put it out there... I need to post more on my blog.  I've been knitting, and not posting, and not sharing is, well, just wrong. :)

In my defense, I found Raverly.com and have become hopelessly addicted.  I love this website.  I can keep track of my yarn stash, which now includes some pretty swanky stuff, pick out favorite patterns, keep in touch with my fellow knitters and find awesome patterns.  I can save patterns I love.  I can also keep track of what projects I'm working on, including what type of yarn I'm using and how I'm progressing. 

Ravelry has educated me on the many types of yarns and fibers out there.  Without Ravelry.com, I would have never discovered the joys of Malabrigo yarns.  My current favorite is the Silky Merino.  If you haven't tried this yarn, you must.  It slide so nicely on my bamboo needles.  I'm making a scarf from it right now, and you can find the pattern on Ravelry.com in my projects list. 

So, if you read my blog and you're on Ravelry, and you haven't friended me there yet, I'm chrise16.  If you're a knitter or crocheter and you're not on Ravelry.com, get on it!!  :)

More posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment